The Residential Framing Contractors’ Association (RFCA) is a non-profit organization of residential framing contractors who are bound by the collective agreement with the Universal Workers’ Union of North America, Local 183.
We represent approximately 35 main contractors who in turn employ about 4,000 carpenters. Our membership provides the majority of new home construction in the Greater Toronto Area and Southern Ontario.
Our purpose is to:
- Establish and promote a general employer-employee policy, which will lead to a sound and harmonious relationship with any bargaining agent representing employees of RFCA members
- Represent all members in negotiation, general application and administration and interpretation of collective agreements and the arbitration of labour disputes.
- Compile study and disseminate information with respect to all matters relating to the employer-employee relationship
- Promote and maintain improved methods of business by our members.
- Represent our members in their relations with professional bodies and related associations
- Increase the knowledge, skill, and proficiency of our members and their employees.
- Promote safety on all member sites, and increase awareness of health and safety issues
- Promote a fair and level playing field within which our members may operate
The Association is comprised of elected officers consisting of a President (Chairman), Vice-President (Vice-Chairman) as well as a Secretary, Treasurer and Director(s). A General Manager who is a paid employee of the Association supports the Executive board as well as the general membership.