The Benefits of Membership
- Membership gives you the opportunity to discuss relevant issues or concerns, and have a say in your industry
- Our Association represents management in negotiations with Universal Workers’ Union Local 183, so if you’re not a member your voice won’t be heard
Get Informed! Stay on top of the latest developments including:
- Health & safety
- Labour issues
- New government legislation affecting your industry
Networking Opportunities and Much More!
- Health and safety information
- Courses and seminars
- Economic data
- Monthly association news
- Members pay a lower rate to the Industry Fund
Our Association encourages all members to communicate their opinions or concerns on any issues relating to our Association, the framing sector or the construction industry as a whole. United, our Association has the potential to be a strong force in the construction industry.
Becoming a Member
To become a member of the Residential Framing Contractors’ Association, you must follow these steps:
- Fill out the membership application form
- Send in a brief (2-3 paragraphs) summary of your company’s history
Once this information is received, the Association will:
- Contact the Universal Workers’ Union Local 183 and receive written confirmation of the status of your company
- Contact your builder references
- Post your company name in the monthly Association Activity Summary, giving notice to all current members of your company’s intention to join the Association. This allows members to voice any concerns or questions regarding your potential membership with the Association
After these steps have been completed satisfactorily, the Executive Board will then decide whether it wishes to meet with the potential member(s). This will give the executive board the opportunity to ensure that the potential member company promises to adhere to the principles of the Association and its constitution and By-laws. Based on the information, and upon the receipt of a cheque for $7,500.00 (membership fee), the executive board will make its final decision.